...I solved creative problems to create my own 3D art choice.
I showed my development of skill to make art that shows my knowledge of tools, techniques, and concepts.
reason. As I cut and sculpted more and more of the clay, I got better and quicker at doing it. Whether it was small details or shaping it to what I want. I definitely enjoyed how I could mix the clay and paper mache together to make it look layered. That was something I experimented with and really enjoyed.
I explored new mediums through trial and error.
The basis of this project was working to overcome a problem. To solve one, or overcome a disability/challenge. For me, I chose to not use paint. I really enjoy use paint, and I'd like to say I'm pretty good at it. Yet, to force myself to use some different mediums, that was my challenge. Leading to that, when it came to needing to put the colors for the bottom of the pond, I wasn't sure of what to do. Mrs. Schumann and I tossed around some ideas, and the colored tissue paper seemed like a good idea. I layered it down as one would do paper mache, and I also added it to the lid. It added really nice color, and I liked the way it dried. I also added some of the paper mache to the clay rocks (as mentioned above).
I set and work towards achieving personal goals.
My self set challenge was to use no paint. So, I had to be careful with all the details I wanted to make with sculpey. I also had to brainstorm other ways in which to add additional color. Doing everything with sculpey would take too long and would've probably driven me crazy. I ended up just adding paper mache to the lid, and then it got over the top where the "ALTOIDS" logo was. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted it there, but now I know I'm going to cover it completely, then carve out the logo with a different color around it.